Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Trying to make sense of..everything.

"I have learned that when I am comfortable, complacent, and sure of myself I am not learning anything.

The only time I learn something is when my comfort, my complacence, and my self-assurance are threatened.

Part of my own strategy for getting through life, then, has been to keep myself, as much as possible, off balance.

I loved being a student, but being a student meant walking into jungles where I was not sure my compass worked and didn't know where the trails might lead or where the tigers lurked.

I grew to like that temporary danger.

I try to inject some danger into my own courses, if only to keep myself off balance.

When I feel comfortable with a course and can predict how it will come out, I get bored; and when I get bored, I am boring.

I try, then, to do all I can to keep myself learning more. I do that in part by putting myself in threatening situations." ~ By Prof Ip


LINKS

ah ying
annabel
ben
cai xia
chiang jiunn
chin hong
chin yeow
choon mei
chung how
elin
elyne
eng aun
hua ying
huan wei
hui yan
jaymie
jia wei
jin ro
jun wei
kenny
li ling
ling wei
mao wen
mei yoke
northlife
pei shian
qin li
ruzhi
shu jiun
siok mei
sonia
susan
xiang ling
xiao ting
yan hao
yan yan
yew miin
zheng qun