Arriving at the SRC early and “on a mission”, Sonia and i walked around the MPSHs. The whole place was brimming with fresh-looking JC students. Orange and blue helium balloons filled every single corner, some stuck to the ceiling. Like any true blue Singaporean/Malaysian, we took some freebies from the various booths in MPSH2. Muahahah…
We got some notebooks, water tumbler and these cool, small swiss knife key chains. The swiss knife is from the Office of Admissions booth; if you go there tomorrow, you might still get them. The people there are nice enough. They still gave us those even after knowing we’re current students of NUS. : )
Today marked a lot of first-times for me.
First time training in the dance studio! With mirrors and air-con! : )
First time punched a guy across the face. (I assure you it really was an accident! I can explain that.)
First time performing my ‘half-baked’ pattern in front of a live audience.
Yup, we moved our training to the dance studio in SRC. It has these wall-length mirrors with handles and all. Cool eh. We even had the air-con turned on full blast. It was a bliss- training without sweating.
Then came the news. Coach wants us to perform at the MPSH in like, two hours time. And I just learned the whole pattern like, last week only. And after performing the pattern, we have to stay on stage to perform the self-defense too. In other words, the throwing people part. And I get to throw other people! Yay.. *rub hands in glee*
We rehearsed a few times. At first they said my partner and I looked very fake. He’s supposed to strangle me from behind and I’m supposed to elbow him, and then throw him on the floor. So during the second time, I sort of accidentally slapped/ punched him across the face; it happened very fast, I don’t realize what happened until I heard people around us go “Wah…!”
Oops… apparently the guy didn’t really hold on tightly and created an open space and ‘whack’, there goes my hand. Poor guy. I think I caught him by surprise. I did apologize profusely okay. That doesn’t mean I’m violent. Right? Right? I even held up my fingers to test him and to make sure that I didn’t harm his eyesight.
And the performance part. I can’t believe I did the most dreadful, unthinkable, terrible, horrendous, [insert other equally damaging adjectives]
I stick my tongue out.
At first, everything went quite smooth, and i silently congratulate myself for doing well so far. Then, disaster struck. I forgot the pattern! i stood there like a complete idiot for 2 seconds, then decided to catch-up with my fellow mates and in the process, stick my tongue out.
And I was in the front row.
And Jess recorded the whole performance with her digital camera.
And I stick my tongue out.
Let me crawl to one dark corner and never to come out again. I hope none of my friends saw me.